- Each gabion includes Corner stiffeners, spiral, binders (these are long spring-like formed wire for panel joints). Put on your safety glasses and work gloves
- Unfold gabion panels and layout flat. Make sure that all parts of the gabion are spread on a hard, flat surface and free from any roughness.
- Adjacent panels should be joined together at intersecting corners by winding the spiral tie starting at the top and winding down the mesh.
- At the top and bottom end of the spiral tie, turn the ends back vertically and close tight to secure the spiral from moving.
- Corner stiffeners and coil of lacing wire is supplied for internal bracing and joining to adjacent baskets.
- Stiffeners shall be placed across corners at 300mm from the corner.
All horizontal joints are laced in the factory except the lid.
After filling, close the lid and secure with spiral binder’s end, front and back.
- During stacking of Gabion, the lid of the lower tier will be used as base of upper tier. Secure with spiral binders and add pre formed stiffeners to exterior cells before filling the graded stones.
- Alternatively C’ Hog Rings: can be used for all jointing of units. Closing the rings requires a mechanical tool and a pneumatic gun. ‘C’ rings must be fixed every other mesh space on all joints.